Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Successful Day's Menu

Okay, so I'm sitting here eating a slice of pepperoni pizza that's in addition to the dinner I already ate and yet I'm not going over my daily Points limit. How did that happen? I just happened to have a really low Points day and it occurred to me I should share what that looked like.

So should you. On a day when you've successfully stayed within your Points limit and yet not gone to bed hungry, what has that looked like? Here's what it looked like for me (with apologies to those allotted fewer points):

Breakfast:
1 c. Multi-grain Cheerios (2 points)
1/4 c. Blueberries (0 points)
1/2 c. fat-free milk (1 point)

Mid-morning snack:
24 square pretzels (2 points)
Wholly Guacamole 100-calorie snack pack (2 points) (I need to find healthy guacamole in larger quantities and utilize my tupperwares)

Lunch:
Multi-grain Sandwich Thin (1 point)
2 Tbsp Hellman's Light Mayo with Olive Oil (2 points)
Mustard (0 points)
2 slices Turkey Ham (2 points)
Diced peaches in light syrup (1 point)

Mid-afternoon snack:
Baby carrots (0 points)

Dinner:
1 Medium Baked Potato (2.5 Points)
1 c. Hormel Turkey Chili with Beans (4 points)
2 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream (1 point)

That brought me to 20.5 points and since I'm allotted 32 points until my next weigh-in, I splurged on a piece of pepperoni pizza (7 points) and I'll probably have a WW ice cream candy bar (3 points). If I was still hungry, I'd throw an artichoke into some boiling water and soon have a 0 point snack (dipped in lemon juice and fake butter).

Really, the only reason this day worked out as it did was that I had a lot fewer points than usual for breakfast. Cereal is a good thing. Incidentally, one of my potential downfalls is a weekly meeting at a breakfast buffet (I have a hard time passing up shredded hash browns), but I think I've found my solution -- oatmeal with some fruit stirred in.

2 comments:

  1. That is nice to see what others are eating because it gives me new ideas. Funny though because I also eat the bagel thins w/turkey for lunch but I only put mustard, a slice of fat-free cheese and sprouts OR I do WW cream cheese, turkey and sprouts. Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have a hard time forgoing mayo all the time. The cream cheese is an interesting idea though...

    ReplyDelete